CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

It has been over 2 months since Adam has picked up his guitar. Even when we said if you don't start practicing again, we will sell the guitar, and we will keep the profit. He jut shrugged his shoulders. His grades are great, he came home with straight A's on his report card, I wouldn't of thought he would get less, but he did. He hasn't been doing chores, which we had told him that if he didn't want to do chores, then he was not allowed to do the things that he was allowed to do when he was doing his chores. With responsibility comes flexibility in the fun stuff. He has regressed. I know why. We know why. It makes me sad. I know ways to change it... but it is the way I choose to change it I am not sure about.

God here I go again, I am placing this one, alongside my problems and flaws I have already placed in your large, loving, already heavy hands.

Matthew 11: 28-30 (28) Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


I need to repeat this verse in my head a lot lately. I also have been told that I need to be the window into God's world. It is just hard, when I feel like that window locked, there is duct tape on the windows so the panes won't shatter, and boarded up so my winds won't gush through. Thank you for telling me that though, thank you for giving me that push, and giving me the eyes to see that I need to be that window...you know who you are. I will keep my winds blowing like a hurricane, and I will break through.

0 comments: